Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Meet Alice

Naming

At first, choosing a name for my main character was difficult. I searched through different parent blogs, statistics lists of the most popular names, and just thought of the names of people I know. Then, I came across a list on a blog and saw the name "Alice".I immediately thought of Alice from Alice in Wonderland and thought that her story of going down the rabbit hole was fitting for my main character's descent through the storyline. It was the first name that really stuck with me, so once I came across it, I didn't bother to search further. I did the same process for Jacob, Alice's boyfriend. However, with Jacob's name, I did not think too deep into the meaning of it as he is not an important main character, at least not as important as Alice.

Creating Alice

As I've begun storyboarding, I know that I want to incorporate some props, like pictures and letters, that have to do with Jacob to establish their relationship and connection. Because of that, I think part of Alice's personality would be very "hopeless romantic" in the sense that she enjoyed the romantic letters and handmade presents from Jacob so much that she displayed them. Alice would also be the type of person to live with rose-colored glasses, while in her relationship. Without Jacob, she feels incomplete and broken and does not know how to properly grieve. She's taking his death more like them breaking up, rather than him being gone. The app perpetuates that feeling as "talking" to Jacob, to her, is like them getting back together.

I created a playlist that uses songs to explain Alice's shift in moods from before Jacob's death, to after his death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

 I am happy to present, the final project for Teddy: Click here for trailer #1 Click here for trailer #2 Click here for the Instagram page o...