Sunday, February 23, 2020

Welcome to my Journal

Since before this project, I have kept a journal that serves as my planner, sketchbook, and diary. I had begun with adding tasks dedicated to this project in my regular planner, but I realized that I needed separate pages to plan this extensive project.

I began with an overview of the next few weeks regarding this project for me. I included when I would like to begin filming, editing, some research ideas, and main tasks I would like to achieve within these weeks. I don't know if I will strictly keep to this schedule, but it was a good exercise in visualizing what I have left to do and how much time I have left to do it. I also decided to "overload" these coming two weeks to give myself more leeway towards the last few weeks to tweak and perfect the film opening when it comes to filming and editing. Then, I decided to create a page that goes into each week in detail. I have started only with this upcoming week, week one, and have planned what tasks I want to get done and begin.

A method I use within the rest of my journal, and have decided to incorporate here, is the bullet system I have created for myself. Seen in the general overview, open bullets are more general tasks and events. Stars, or asterisks, are notes to the side. They mainly represent a sort of inner dialogue with myself, noting just ideas I am not set on. In the detailed week, the small, closed bullets are specific tasks that I want to get done. Not pictured are other aspects of the "key". For a completed task, I cross the bullet out. For example, "• begin storyboard" would become "• begin storyboard". If I decided to move a task to a different day, I would cover the bullet with an arrow and rewrite the task in the day that I move it to.

I will be posting more pictures of my journal throughout this process, as it is essentially my brain on paper, but this is all I have set for this project as of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

 I am happy to present, the final project for Teddy: Click here for trailer #1 Click here for trailer #2 Click here for the Instagram page o...