Thursday, March 26, 2020

Inception Inspiration

Another quarantine movie I watched is Inception, the Christopher Nolan film, that came out back in 2010.
Inception (2010)
Again, I was inspired by the shots, the angles, and the composition of the entire film. Throughout the film, there were so many beautiful establishing shots and wide shots of landscapes and action in the film. It made me realize that I didn't really have anything being established in my film opening, setting wise, other than Alice's room.




Even though the opening scene of my film is not set in a very "special" place, I still want to establish more aspects of Alice' s life in a "2 + 2 not 4" way. For example, I could include some shots of my neighborhood to establish that Alice comes from a middle-class family living in the suburbs, just as I do. I can also focus on wide shots within the room to show parts of her personality because there is no better way to get to know someone than to see how they live.

In regard to this whole social-distancing and quarantine situation, I'm really glad that it's giving me more time to get out of my own head, see other films, and think about other possibilities of my film opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

 I am happy to present, the final project for Teddy: Click here for trailer #1 Click here for trailer #2 Click here for the Instagram page o...