Saturday, March 28, 2020

Set Design - Idea Process

So, currently, I am at my Dad's place, and even though I do have a room here and everything, I have more time this weekend and I would prefer my room at my Mom's room to be the official set for my film opening. The way my room is set up with my Mom is more of what I have envisioned for Alice's room.

Photo Wall in my Room
Something I had envisioned for Alice's room is a bunch of pictures on her walls, showing her life, friends, family, and Jacob of course. Maybe it's because I already have that in my room, and when creating a teenage girl the best example I have is me. Already having some pictures on my walls helps a lot because it means I don't have to print as many photos and the accumulation of many different photos over time that I already have makes it more realistic. The only pictures that I will have to add are pictures of Alice and Jacob. Since I am casting myself as Alice, thank you coronavirus, it just makes sense that I put pictures of my boyfriend and I. I already have to update my wall, so this won't feel like much of a chore and I won't have to take anything down afterward.
Large Window in my Room

Another part of my room that I want to incorporate into my opening is this huge window I have looking onto the street. As I mentioned in my last posting, I also want to incorporate some wide cinematic shots to establish an overall middle-class suburban setting. At the moment I am considering a pan from the window to the bed, looking through the pictures on the wall, as an opening shot to incorporate all of these aspects. Overall, I am very excited to begin filming soon. My only true set plan so far is to overshoot different angles, shots, and lighting choices and then decide which is the best in post-production.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

 I am happy to present, the final project for Teddy: Click here for trailer #1 Click here for trailer #2 Click here for the Instagram page o...