Sunday, April 12, 2020

Filming Again?

Yes, I am filming again. I am pretty much done with everything, editing and audio-wise, but I keep critiquing some of my final shots. I am especially concerned with the final shot of Alice crying because you can't really see any real tears. Originally, I was going to settle for just some sad expressions to sell it, but now I don't think its enough. I redid my makeup how I did on my last filming day, and made sure to wear the same clothes and use the exact same lighting as last time. This time, I was focused on crying for real.

At first, I tried the "drying your eyes out" method. I stuck my face in front of a fan and tried my best to keep my eyes open but that didn't work. I guess my eyes don't dry out very easily. And it also didn't look like real tears, which is what I wanted.

Then, I went to Youtube for some true crying content. To be honest, I did not really know what exact video would get me to cry. I knew what videos had made me cried before, but I was afraid that I wouldn't the second time around. So, I simply searched "sad videos". I came across a few videos, in a TedTalk style, from the channel Motivation2Study, but those didn't exactly do it for me. While there were motivating, they weren't exactly tearjerking. What really got me was this video titled "WORLD'S HARDEST TRY NOT TO CRY CHALLENGE". I seriously thought it was gonna be sort of a scam, but it had a large number of views and likes. This video truly brought me to tears.

I have mentioned my dad before, and I think that it can be inferred that we have a very close relationship. This "WORLD'S HARDEST TRY NOT TO CRY CHALLENGE" truly poked at those heartstrings. It was a simple voiceover, of a girl talking to her father who had passed away throughout the course of her life. With that, I got the true genuine tears and sadness on my face that I wanted.

Now, I am finally done with filming, editing, and audio. All that's left is to post my film. I really hope you enjoy it, and I am so happy to have done this project the way I wanted.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. We hope you will sharing some more information about it. We really enjoy your blog & content. We were looking for this type of article from a few days. This is very helpful for me & for others who looking for imovie editor then visit us.

    ReplyDelete

Final Project

 I am happy to present, the final project for Teddy: Click here for trailer #1 Click here for trailer #2 Click here for the Instagram page o...