Saturday, March 13, 2021

Color Schemes

I absolutely love studying color and color schemes in films, especially regarding color theory. My initial thoughts on color schemes in thrillers is that there is a lot of dark, cool-toned colors, to imitate the impersonal and cold personalities within the film. However, I also find that cool-tones can at times be calming and nurturing. The duality of the cool-toned color palette is what attracts me to this genre and to incorporate it into my own project.

Pinterest has been an amazing place for finding inspiration and analysis of color schemes in certain movies. Here are some examples that attracted me.




I think I subconsciously mimicked a cool-toned palette when creating the mood board for Teddy.
The little circles in between each image highlight the most dominant tone and color in the connecting images.

A tool I enjoy using to create color schemes is Coolors.co!

While the mood board was a small exercise in investigating what colors I want to highlight, this scheme will be much more finalized and fine-tuned. The goal in creating this is to create a consistent tone and pattern between the social media page, the poster, and the trailers themselves, for consistent branding.
One tone I wanted to add because of its versatility is a red one. Not only for the pain and hurt that will be extremely clear in the trailers, but also the passion and love that precedes the timeline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

 I am happy to present, the final project for Teddy: Click here for trailer #1 Click here for trailer #2 Click here for the Instagram page o...