Saturday, March 6, 2021

Split Trailers

 Continuing my research, a friend reminded me of the film Split (2016), where three girls are kidnapped by this one man with 26 distinct personalities. While I have yet to watch the movie - it is definitely on my bucket list now, even more than before - I think the trailer might also give insight on what to do for my project.

Split (2016)

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan
One of the main differences between Split and Room is who the focus really is on. In Split, the focus is the kidnapper himself, and less on the victims. This is heavily portrayed in the trailer as the scenes that are not of the kidnapped and the man are about therapists and DID experts discussing his condition. Additionally, more is revealed about the man than of the girls. Since I am tasked with two trailers, reviewing this one gave me the idea of having two distinct trailers with distinct focuses: one focused on the kidnapper and one focused on the kidnapped girl.

Another difference I saw between this trailer and Room's trailer was that Split's trailer seemed to give more footage from the beginning and middle of the film, and less of the end. This is more of a conventional choice, as I mentioned in my last post. Another option for my project would be to have one trailer focused on the aftermath and one focused on the beginning and middle. However, since there is not really an escape in my story or clear aftermath, I do think that this option is much less likely. For now, the working plan is to have one trailer focused more on each of the characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

 I am happy to present, the final project for Teddy: Click here for trailer #1 Click here for trailer #2 Click here for the Instagram page o...