Saturday, March 6, 2021

Room Research

 As I mentioned last time, the idea for "Teddy" came just as I rewatched Room the other day, so I think it is fitting to segway into more research regarding this specific genre and beginning with Room.

Room (2015)

Directed by Lenny Abrahamson

Focusing mainly on the trailer for this post, I would like to point out a few features that I found interesting. Typically trailers feature footage from the beginning and middle, and very rarely from the end. However, this trailer really focused on the aftermath of what happened and showed fewer clips of their experience in "Room". I think this is mainly to create the suspense of what actually happened while the main character, Joy, was kidnapped. I also noticed that the trailer initiates with a short monologue coming directly from a portion of the film and the footage shown was extremely unclear and shaky. Once again, I think this is to create the feeling of suspense but also of isolation and confusion that the characters most likely felt when they were trying to escape. 

Since my film does not end in escape and freedom, I do think that my trailer will focus mainly on the conditions of the kidnapping and less on the aftermath. Similar to how this trailer created suspense, I plan to include a variety of shots, some much less clear than others, to create a similar feeling. Additionally, I loved that the trailer began with the voiceover of a short monologue, so I think I will incorporate that into my trailers as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

 I am happy to present, the final project for Teddy: Click here for trailer #1 Click here for trailer #2 Click here for the Instagram page o...