Thursday, March 19, 2020

COVID-19 Changes

As COVID-19 rapidly spreads throughout my country, many people are practicing social-distancing protocols to keep safe, like myself. However, this causes a few problems with my project.

  1. I was planning to film in a friend's room, but no longer will.
  2. The same friend was also going to act as my main character Alice.
  3. I can no longer go shopping outside for the costume, as I had originally planned.
For filming and casting, I have decided to work completely by myself. My room does not have the same amount of natural light as my friend's room does, which I believe will be an obstacle when figuring out lighting, but it will have to do. I will also have to cast myself. I never really pictured myself as an actress, especially not one who could cry on command, but I guess I will just have to research acting methods and bring you along as I crash course acting.

Because of this, I think I will also be postponing filming from this week to the next. This week, I will just be finalizing everything with graphics, and hopefully learn how to act, in preparation for filming next week. I also have to decorate my own room.

Originally when casting my friend, it was easy with set design because I had envisioned Alice's room as a simple one, with pictures of her and Jacob, as well as her with her friends and family, across her walls; my friend already had this sort of room with her and her current boyfriend. To me it just made sense, but I now have to decorate my own room like that. It won't be much of a hassle, but it will just be time-consuming I think.

Overall, I'm grateful that I do not have to completely change my film idea, nor is much of the content changing, as I'm sure some of my peers will be having more difficulty dealing with the current situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

 I am happy to present, the final project for Teddy: Click here for trailer #1 Click here for trailer #2 Click here for the Instagram page o...