Sunday, March 15, 2020

The Naming Game

In the process of designing the app graphics, I realized I needed a central name to go back to when making what the app could be.

When I thought of existing films in similar genres, I noticed similar trends: one-word titles and the titles always go back to the piece of technology that the film is centered around. So, if I was able yo decided on a name for the app in my film, I could kill two birds with one stone and be able to name the film at the same time. Some examples are:
Matrix (1999)

Tron (1982)

The Terminator (1984)

Ex Machina (2014)

Nerve (2016)

Wall-E (2008)
When going to name my app, I looked at the App Store for current applications aimed to help with grief and mental health. Some of the names were:

  • Woebot
  • Good Grief
  • iHeal because iFeel
  • iGrief
  • Unspoken
  • Smile & Tears
From there, I thought about the main purpose of an app like mine, it's main features, and a short name that would be good for an app and a film. Some of the names I thought of were:
  • iConnect
  • Reconnect
  • iRecconect
  • Connection
  • iConnect with Family
I decided on Recconect because I thought it was the simplest, and most straightforward when relating to the film and the features of the app.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

 I am happy to present, the final project for Teddy: Click here for trailer #1 Click here for trailer #2 Click here for the Instagram page o...