Friday, March 13, 2020

Costume Ideas

As I discussed in my blog post titled "Apps in Film", I decided on a simple color story for my film opening.
Since yellow can represent nativity, madness, obsessiveness, and insecurity, I want that color to be the main color that Alice wears and is associated with. Since she will be sitting in her room, and most of the shots will only show her shirt, I wanted her top to be as close to the shade of yellow I chose as possible.

Since it is set in the night, and she is comfortable in her room, I don't want the shirt to be over the top in any sense; I want her to look comfortable. So naturally, I googled to find the perfect shirt. Also, I do not own any shirt of this color either, so I suppose I would have to buy the item myself; so, I am going to keep the maximum amount of money I want to spend at $25.

On the Forever 21 website, I was able to find three shirts of the same color, at the same price, each with different styles.
This shirt is the Ribbed Crew Neck Tee, from Forever 21. What I like about the shirt is that it's simple, and gets the point across. However, it may be too simple.















This shirt is the Ribbed Henley Top, also from Forever 21. It's a deeper, more yellow tone than the other shirt, and it seems more casual and less plain. However, I don't know if the color of this shirt, and the other one, will be true to the pictures once I order one of them.

Overall, I could order both and still be under the budget, so that is one option. I am leaning more towards the Henley top, but I am scared of sizing, when it will deliver, and the color of course. I really want most of the colors in the scene to be pale and cool-toned and I would need to make sure they both fit, especially with whatever lighting I buy.

When it comes to other parts of the costume, I want to keep it fairly simple. For bottoms, probably some dark-colored denim jeans. For accessories, maybe one necklace that may tie into Alice's relationship with Jacob, as well as some rings.

And for the short opening scene, the costume will be all dark-colored, most likely black. I'll update on the official costumes once I begin filming, or have them organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

 I am happy to present, the final project for Teddy: Click here for trailer #1 Click here for trailer #2 Click here for the Instagram page o...