Saturday, March 7, 2020

First Storyboard Draft

As planned, I have my first storyboard completed. I have decided how I want the opening to play out, to the exact details, at least until I change my mind.

Forgive me if my drawing skills are not the best, but this is the general idea:

I want to begin with my main character, Alice, on the phone with a friend, discussing the recent passing of her boyfriend. As they talk about how Alice is grieving, they joke around and google something silly like, "how to grieve", and end up coming across an ad for the app the whole film revolves around. Alice becomes intrigued, hangs up with her friend, and proceeds to comply with the directions the app gives during the "set-up" process. It ends with an extreme close-up of Alice's face as she answers her first phone call, going through three main emotions, with a heavy focus on her facial expressions. Alice will first appear confused or skeptical about the app, surprised that she can hear his voice, and ends with her smile.

From this, the next steps are to finalize the screenplay and begin preparing for production. One aspect I am both excited and nervous about is developing the visuals for the computer and phone, creating the app from scratch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

 I am happy to present, the final project for Teddy: Click here for trailer #1 Click here for trailer #2 Click here for the Instagram page o...